[78-L] Artist query

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Thu Jan 7 14:32:18 PST 2016

On 1/7/2016 2:47 PM, DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> Well I'm certainly much the wiser now about this record and the performers thereon.  Donna, it's refreshing to see someone in the U.S. who is so up on the situation in Canadian broadcasting history.  I worked for CBC for almost 40 years but usually, whenever I admit to this south of the border, I'm asked, "CBC!? What's that?? Didn't they once own Columbia Records???"
> db

I've done extensive research on Canadian broadcasting, including writing
Wikipedia entries for Jane Grey, Ken Soble, the Happy Gang, Kate Aitken,
and several early Canadian radio stations.  Since I am the woman known
for having discovered the rock group Rush (who dedicated 2 albums to me
and I'm in a documentary about them), I have many friends in Canadian
media and I try to keep up with it, both past and present.  Plus I'm a
big fan of a current CBC show, "Murdoch Mysteries"-- no music, but a
great show nonetheless.