[78-L] Westminster album design

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net.invalid
Thu Dec 24 17:24:22 PST 2015

There is an online Westminster list here:
http://hayes.cside2.jp/vinyl/westm.html
I see no indication that the 50-xx was a year, the numbers do not jump to
51xx or 52xx etc but
seem continuous.

The creator of the list does not indicate when the 50-xx became 50xx, but
only lists up
to 50-9 before showing numbers as 5000 series.  I've seen a 50-17 and think
they may have
gone at least up to the 40's....

I see WL 50-1, also issued as WL 5001 (Kodaly Te Deum/Theatre Overture) so
the early albums
were re-numbered in the 5000 series for later pressings, adding jacket art
and annotations.
(this, Westminster's first release. also issued as XWN 18455, and W 9729)

Cheers, Tom.