[78-L] Christmas in Camp, link to free download

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Mon Dec 14 03:42:56 PST 2015

The guys behind this "descriptive" Christmas record were J P (James
Patrick) Harrington (lyrics) and Bennett Scott (music). The latter was
also music publisher, and by 1914 not very active as composer himself.
It may be that his name, as was the case with other publishers names at
the time - Godfrey, Mills and Wright, for instance -  was added to the
songwriter's name for copyright reasons. With Scott though, it seems a
bit unlikely, as he co-founded the British Public Rights Society in1906...
Interesting article, with picture, about these two gentlemen in:

https://books.google.se/books?id=mtKwBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq=%22j+p+harrington%22+music+hall&source=bl&ots=yALlboNFXx&sig=dvVK00vVHyID6iqC81TP3DbUmsc&hl=sv&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw09T7ntvJAhXGkCwKHTQQBPAQ6AEIIjAA#v=onepage&q=%22j%20p%20harrington%22%20music%20hall&f=false

Kristjan