[78-L] ARSC Conference 2016: Save the Dates Reminder

Bill Klinger klinger at modex.com.invalid
Wed Dec 9 19:30:40 PST 2015

The Outreach Committee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections
(ARSC) posts the following message.

--- SAVE THE DATES: 2016 ARSC CONFERENCE, BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA ---

2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Association for
Recorded Sound Collections.

For our 50th annual conference, we return to the location of our first one .
. . Bloomington, Indiana! The conference will be held May 11-14, 2016, in
Bloomington, Indiana, and is hosted by Indiana University at Bloomington.
"Recorded Sound in the 21st Century: Preserving, Collecting, Collaborating &
Connecting" is the theme for the conference.

The pre-conference workshop will be held May 10-11, 2016 in IU's new
facility for the Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative. This
two-day workshop is an audio-archiving boot camp based on the recently
published "ARSC Guide to Audio Preservation."

More information about the conference and workshop will be posted at:
http://www.arsc-audio.org/conference.html

Questions regarding the conference should be directed to Brenda
Nelson-Strauss, ARSC Conference Manager, at bnelsons at indiana.edu

The Association for Recorded Sound Collections is a nonprofit organization
dedicated to the preservation and study of sound recordings -- in all genres
of music and speech, in all formats, and from all periods. ARSC is unique in
bringing together private individuals and institutional professionals --
everyone with a serious interest in recorded sound.

----