[78-L] Resonance

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Nov 25 09:54:04 PST 2015

On 25/11/15 17:27, Michael Shoshani wrote:
> Cannot understand why Vera Lynn still counts for anything, but that's me.
> Nice lady, but BORING singer. Always was. And she had a hit album last
> year.
> But I have no idea who Adele is or why she now has "the greatest album ever
> made", apparently.
> Or what Justin Bieber is even doing in "popular music".
> Or why rap has lasted.
> dl
> ==================================
  Actually, this thread is not to ponder the imponderable, just to
address things as they are! Vera Lynn's name continues to surface
because of her propaganda role in WW2, and possibly her singing of
"We'll Meet Again" at the end of "Doctor Strangelove"? Incidentally, I
used to live opposite her mother-in-law!

Regarding Adele and Bieber, I only know the names, but have never
knowingly heard them. If I have heard them, then they made no impression
on me.

Perhaps the answer about why rap has lasted lies in the adage, "No-one
ever lost money underestimating public taste"?

       Julian Vein