[78-L] Mildred Bailey WAS Last recording.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Nov 16 05:28:56 PST 2015

On 16/11/15 11:49, ice261263 wrote:
> 7 yrs ago I acquired (nauck) Crown CR-106 of Mildred Bailey with Red Norvo (got the world on a string // glad there's you, mxs BL-12 & 15). The link with last week recordings subject comes as this record sounds as one of the latest Mildred recs. Her voice sounds marvelous, but somewhat tired... Any kind soul has info on these matrices, dates, this second Crown label, etc? Is a favourite record of mine... Zanx. Inigo.

These are the details from Lord 10.0:

Mildred Bailey

[B635-10]

Mildred Bailey (vcl) acc by Dick Vance (tp) Henderson Chambers (tb) Hank
D'Amico (cl) Emmett Carls (ts) Red Norvo (vib) Ellis Larkins (p) Billy
Taylor (b) J.C. Heard (d)

New York, December 19, 1945

BL10The man I loveCrown 105, Monmouth Evergreen MES6814

BL11The gypsy in my soul104,-

BL12I'm glad there is you106,-

BL13It's never too late to pray103,-

Note: All above titles also on Baldwin Street Music (Can)BJH-306 [CD],
Classics (F)1316 [CD].

Mildred Bailey

[B636-10]

Mildred Bailey (vcl) acc by Dick Vance (tp) Aaron Sachs (cl) Red Norvo
(vib) Ellis Larkins (p) Chuck Wayne, Art Ryerson (g) Billy Taylor (b)
J.C. Heard (d)

New York, December 30, 1945

BL14These foolish thingsCrown 104, Monmouth Evergreen MES6814

BL15I've got the world on a string106,-

BL16Can't help lovin' that man103,-

BL17Summertime105,-

Note: All above titles also on Classics (F)1337 [CD] titled "Mildrey
Bailey - 1945-1947"; see flwg sessions to May, 1947, WNEW Saturday Night
Swing Session for rest of CD.

All above titles also on Baldwin Street Music (Can)BJH-306 [CD].

She made another six studio recordings after these.

       Julian Vein