[78-L] Dick Robertson

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org.invalid
Fri Nov 13 11:54:55 PST 2015

Greetings from FixitLand!

Julian Vein wrote:

> On 13/11/15 07:45, Taylor Bowie wrote:
>> Which McKinney sides have "Donald King" on them?
>>
>> Taylor
> ========================
> According to the Frog CDs, it's:

> Honeysuckle Rose

> It's A Lonesome Old Town
> She's My Secret Passion
>
> Actually, giving them another listen, there are two "Donald King"s here,
> the first one sounding black!
>
> So, we now have three (count 'em) "Donald King"s who are not Dick
> Robertson...

Label of Victor 22628-A "It's A Lonesome Old Town" gives vocalist as Lois Deppe, not Donald King. King is shown on 22628-B "She's My Secret Passion" as you note; that's definitely not Dick Robertson. DAHR doesn't indicate that "King" is a pseudonym on this track.

The vocalist on "Honeysuckle Rose" sounds more like George Bias to me. DAHR sez that Victor ledgers show Frankie Marvin! B-l-b-l-b-l-b-l.

Take care,

—
Joe
—
“One day I was counting the cats and I absent-mindedly counted myself.” — Bobbie Ann Mason (Shiloh and Other Stories)

--
*Celebrating 30 years of service.*