[78-L] where art thou, o Muse?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com.invalid
Fri Nov 13 11:49:40 PST 2015

Malcolm,  I think there are a lot of them.

Two who come to mind right away are Art Rollini who stopped playing to own
and manage some dry cleaners...also the great pianist Bob Kitsis (played
with Shaw and did a lot of studio work) who left music in the 50s for the
insurance business.

And of course there are many mostly black jazz players who had to have
"second jobs" in order to stay in the music biz,  even part time.

Taylor