[78-L] Columbia Viva-tonal 40000 series

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Fri Aug 14 10:20:05 PDT 2015

Look at Ty Settlemier's Online Discographical Project for the whole series.
http://www.78discography.com/COL40000D.htm
The info comes from Steven Abrams initially but has been built upon over
the years.
The missing Co 40008-D data is as follows:

40008-DS 32255-2Samoan DancersGood-Bye, My Feleni

40008-DS 32257-2as aboveLau Lupe Ua Sola

Columbia used the w 14xxxx matrix series mostly for the Co 40000-D issue
series, but the S- matrix series was recorded in Tokyo, Japan, and the
Queenie Kaiki P- matrix series recorded in Sydney, Australia. All the
others are from US masters.

Also, please note that the matrix numbers for Ellis March and Fort
Street (Rag) (my addition) are not as indicated in the ODP. They are
S-32256-3 and S-32259-2, respectively. There may be other errors in the
listing as well, so be forewarned.

Malcolm

*******