[78-L] another 5" Berliner?

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Tue May 19 10:49:41 PDT 2015

Nice!
The probably largest single collection of 5' Germany pressed Berliners
is at the Swedish National Radio record archive, a host of about 20
discs. Stephan Puille, another list member, has all the details about
them - he has helped to catalogue them.
It's a bit ironic, now that Swedish Radio has sacked all their
experienced technicians, so that hundreds of thousands 78's, LP:s, EP:s
and 45 rpm singles, not to mention the Berliner's and cylinders, are
practically unplayable.
Remember the old joke about the record collector who comes to hell, a
little bit disappointed because he had been a good guy, but is cheered
up by the hoofed host who shows him to his house and presents him with a
collection of all gramophone records ever released, all in mint
collection, perfectly shelved and with all discographical notes at hand.
"Well, that's not bad", he says, and it's all mine?
"Of course", the old devil answers him, "enjoy yourself as long as you
like".
"Well, I can't wait to get started", the man says. "Where's the record
player?"
"Record player?"
That's Swedish Radio now. I'm reminded of it every week when I order
vinyl or shellac tracks for my programme.
Kristjan

On 2015-05-19 18:05, Joe Salerno wrote:

> Kurt just offered one in his most recent Naucktion and here is yet
> another on ebay. I've seen plenty 7" but never a 5" offered.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/301637776903?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true
>
> It sure would look nice framed on my wall.

---