[78-L] Magnolia label

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Wed Mar 25 09:56:54 PDT 2015

I have label scans of the two New Orleans issues as well as one side of
a Heidt issue (Magnolia MS-1063).
Galen Gart's ARLD gives addresses for three different Magnolia labels,
but none are the new Orleans label. He shows Van Nuys, CA, New York, NY
and Atlanta, GA as the locations of the three in his book.
Evidently the Horace Heidt issue was owned by the Horace Heidt Agency,
Inc., at 100 Park Avenue, NYC, and dates from around March 1950. It says
the parent label is Horace Heidt, which was pressed by (you guessed it)
Magnolia!
I also have label scans of Horace Heidt MS 1019 & MA 500-3.
Let me know if you want the scans.
Best,
Malcolm

*******

On 3/25/2015 3:17 AM, Han Enderman wrote:

>From JR-2 (1962) on, Rust lists the following issue:
Magnolia 9
JONES AND COLLINS ASTORIA HOT EIGHT
Damp Weather / Tip Easy Blues
= dub of BB B-10952 (also dubbed on Bm 1002).

I have been unable to find info on this Magnolia 78 rpm label or any other issues on it.
So the question is: does this label exist, or is some error involved?

I have seen 2 Magnolia labels:
1 - with Horace Heidt issues;
2 - a rare 1947 New Orleans label. Only known issues 100-1 by Pinky Vidacovich, and 100-2 by Jelly Elliot (country) .

han enderman