[78-L] Are There Still Operatic 78rpm Collectors?

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Mar 14 20:58:21 PDT 2015

It would seem, looking at the current Nauction # 57, that there are still
quite a number of folks who collect operatic 78s.  The cover item is exactly
that, and the minimum bid is about what I paid for my house.  No idea if
that's the all-time high for a minimum bid or not, but apparently folks who
didn't choke on a record for $7.00 in 1907 are still not choking on records
for $25 grand today.  And there's 20+ more pages of more of the same kind of
stuff.
http://www.78rpm.com/auction_frame.htm

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles