[78-L] CDs with paper labels

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Mon Feb 2 15:41:39 PST 2015

You're very fortunate!  But most of us aren't so lucky!
db

     On Monday, February 2, 2015 6:29 PM, John Wright <vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

Yesterday Rodger Holtin wrote: "a few weeks ago it was noted here that any
CD with a paper label more than ten years old is probably toast.  I checked
mine, and sure enough, all toast.  These were some I bought from the school,
lectures etc.  Our school library duped all their cassettes to CDs with
paper labels and tossed the cassettes".

Well, right now (in UK) I'm listening to, and regularly play, CDs that I
assembled in 2003-2004, and stuck on paper labels. Ambrose and Ray Noble
recordings from the tony projects, and programmes I recorded from BBC radio
(in those days they still broadcast pre-1940s music). These CDs still play
on the hi-fi CD player (2009), in the car (2009 model Audi) and on my PC and
laptop (2011 Dell).

John