[78-L] experimental Victor electric?

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Sun Jan 25 12:01:26 PST 2015

Looking at the DAHR, I find this entry for Victor 19621, by the Trinity
Choir.

http://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/objects/detail/14565/Victor_19621

Amongst all those B- and BVE masters, these are marked BE-32166.  Click on
the matrix and there is this curious note:  "Victor ledgers show these
recordings with the "BE-" prefix to the matrix number, implying that they
were early electrical recordings. However, a handwritten note on the ledger
page states, "Miss Bushnell says elec. rec'g started Mar. 11, 1925 in one
room only."    OK, so we know what the official record says, does anybody
have a copy of this disc and tell us if it is acoustical, or strangely
quasi-electrical sounding?

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles