[78-L] Reeves Soundcraft Audition/ mobile transfer setup

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Mon Jan 12 07:39:12 PST 2015

You'll be able to tell as soon as you see it what speed it is, (if the whole "Symphonic Variations" is one one side or even two sides it's probably 33 1/3 rpm, the piece is around 17 minutes long).  As far as the stylus goes, as David Lennick says 2.5 mil is good if it's on 78s but try a 2 mil if it's 33 1/3.  C.B.C. always cut their 33 1/3 discs with a 2 mil stylus in those days.
Have fun with this, I'm sure the family will be thrilled when they hear it!
db