[78-L] Heartaches and Decca 25000s

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Sun Jan 11 22:09:05 PST 2015

How do you type with an iPod?  My iPod has no letters on it, and has no
internet connection either.
Just wondering.
RayK

From: Rodger Holtin iPod
As I recall Biel's last telling of the tale the local Decca
distributor sent out copies to all the local jocks cause he was
overloaded with them and only Kurt took the bait and ran with it. That
would make sense too that Decca capitalized on it so quickly.

Sure looks like the 25000s were postwar reissues anyway and Heartaches
was one of the earliest so he may well have had a batch laying around
in 1947.

Sent from my iPod - which explainz any bad typjng

On Jan 11, 2015, at 10:22 PM, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
> wrote:

> All it took was one copy, squirreled in the station's library.
> Deejays used to
> make hits once upon a time.
>
> 25000 was also a red label 12" classical series, so they would have
> had to stop
> using those numbers before reassigning them as 10" Personality
> reissues. They
> may have been recorded before 1942 but probably weren't numbered as
> such until
> around 1945. I have (or had, somewhere) a Toronto record store
> supplement from
> about 1942 announcing the deletion of the red 20000s and 25000s.
>
> dl
>
> On 1/11/2015 11:17 PM, Rodger Holtin wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm...if it was the Bluebird, there must be a hot pocket of those
>> rare
>> Bluebirds scattered in the Carolinas.  Looking at Ty's site, looks
>> like
>> 25000-25130 were a mix of singles and albums, all 1942 or before.
>> Starting
>> at 25131 is 1945+ stuff.  I have album A-514, 'Cowboy Songs' by
>> Bing, with
>> 25000-25003, and the cover says Copyright 1946, which may be a clue
>> or an
>> anachronistic red herring (it may be the cover only).
>>
>> Paging Doc Biel - I think he knows the Heartaches story better than
>> anyone.
>> I know he's waxed eloquently about it here before.  Somebody check
>> facebook,
>> I'm going to bed.
>>
>> Rodger

>>> black