[78-L] Oldest living person to have made a 78?

Rodger Holtin iPod rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Jan 2 08:16:12 PST 2015

That has been my thought, too.

I am really impressed withthe writer.  No references to "vinyl" or
"RCA" but did use "Orthophonic"!

I have that record and often wondered about who all participated.
There are a lot of churches in this part of the world - the American
south - (I am in west Tennessee) that still sing just exactly like that.

And now my question
The story references Johnny Cash's acknowledgement of the Bristol
sessions.  I know it got some publicity when it was current news but I
have to wonder at what point was it known by scholars?  When was this
known by the music fraternity?  Cash, of course, married into the
family but was he or anybody else really aware of its significance
prior to the Country Music Hall of Fame that really brought it to the
fore?  Surely they wee just old records for a long time.

Sent from my iPod - which explainz any bad typjng