[78-L] Schweitzer and Bach 1935

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Nov 28 06:27:01 PST 2014

Hello all, I have started reading 'Reinventing Bach' by Paul Elie.  It
looks to be very interesting and well-researched, and he starts out by
recounting the Bach recordings made in December 1935 by Albert
Schweitzer at the Church of All Hallows in London.  He describes the
recording team standing by with their "wax cylinder" recording equipment
-- I did not know that cylinders were used so late in mobile recording.
Assuming he is correct about this, how long was it before cylinders went
out of use for recording?

Thanks. Gene gene.baron at gmail.com