[78-L] Schweitzer and Bach 1935

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com.invalid
Sat Nov 22 20:44:48 PST 2014

While it is obvious to us that the author was completely mistaken and
that only disc equipment was used for these recordings, wax cylinder
dictating machines were being made into the 1950s by both Edison and
Dictaphone, wax cylinders for the machines were made into the 1960s, and
Edison could still manufacture Blue Amberol cylinders into the mid 1950s
of either standard music size or dictating machine lesson size.  I have
a metal mold for one that was taken out of service in 1953.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com