[78-L] Question about re-releasing commercial European 78 rpm recordings

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Wed Nov 19 10:32:36 PST 2014

This conversation should be continued on list because it touches topics
that have been discussed here before, with several well informed
participants.
I'm surprised to hear that there should be a copyright for transfers.
When this question was up, a few years ago, there was unanimous moaning
over the fact there didn't exist that kind of copyright. A court case
involving Naxos had even proved it at the time.
So, please, Julian, from what source do you have that there now is a
copyright for restoration work?
Kristjan