[78-L] Test Pressing - Lazy Ade and his Late Hour Boys

maceo maceo at nugrape.net.invalid
Mon Nov 10 21:46:50 PST 2014

Cliff,

Details from Jack Mitchell's discography are:

LAZY ADE & HIS BACKROOM BOYS (MX34674): Bill Munro –t; Ade Monsbourgh
–as; Bruce Gray –cl, as; Dave Dallwitz –p;-Johnny Malpas – bj; Bob
Wright –bb; Bob Foreman –d. Sydney, May 29, 1950

MX34674 FORGOTTEN WOMAN BLUES Wilco 0-118; Dawn Club DC-12023; Swaggie
S-1415;
Bluebird 74321105302

LAZY ADE & HIS BACKROOM BOYS: Ade Monsbourgh – cl, as; Bruce Gray –cl,
as; Dave Dallwitz –p; Johnny Malpas-bj; Bob Wright –bb;
Bob Foreman –wb. Melbourne, June 3, 1950

MX35026 LOOK DOWN THE ROAD Wilco 0-117; Dawn Club DC-12024;
Bluebird 74321105302

Regards,

Gary

I have a test pressing of Lazy Ade and his Late Hour Boys, an Australian
jazz group. Titles are: FORGOTTEN WOMAN'S BLUES (MX34674) and LOOK DOWN
THE ROAD (MX35026). Pretty cool disc but I do not know what label it is
a test pressing for. The MX numbers are in the dead wax. The label on
the disc is plain white with hand written titles and artist. Any way to
know what label this was? and maybe the date of the recording? Thanks!