[78-L] Victrola albums?

Rodger J. Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Nov 8 18:59:06 PST 2014

I use the term Victrola over Victor to try to distinguish between the
albums with Victor records and those empty albums which appear to have been
designed to store records in the Victrola cabinet; although I know they are
all Victor albums.

Now that I've confused the discussion from the outset, here's the real
question.

Has anybody made any kind of study of the various
styles/designs/constructions and history of those empty storage albums?  I
have specimens of at least four different styles of them, and had no idea
where they fell chronologically amongst each other until yesterday when I
was given a batch of Victors & Bluebirds that all seem to be 1932-33
vintage and all in the same style of Victor-made album.  They have been in
the same family since they were new, so there's been no flea market
shuffling, hence the assumption of the right age.  I was given a batch of
these same albums years ago and they had everything from batwings to 10"
LPs in them.  This most recent acquisition gives me some idea about this
design.  I'm not the most talented Google searcher, so all I've found is
e-bay stuff.  Any websites that help decipher the field?

--
Rodger
For Best Results Use Victor Needles