[78-L] Lamour recording

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Wed Nov 5 14:21:18 PST 2014

Does anyone know if Dorothy Lamour recorded and released "I Can’t Tell
You Why I Love You", featured in the 1948 movie "Lulu Belle", at the
time of the movie? There is a recording on the 1957 album "The Road To
Romance" (Design Records ‎– DLP-4) that sounds like a 40's recording,
and, AFAIU, Design Records sometimes released previously unpublished
material from known artists.
Dorothy Lamour's centenary is coming up (December 12th) and I'm planning
to play a couple of tunes in my radio programme.
Kristjan

---