[78-L] OFF TOPIC - WKRP tv series

rjh334578gmail rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Nov 1 22:43:57 PDT 2014

There was one similarity with the one commercial station where I
worked. We were the money loser - for tax purposes - owned by a
company that made too much money. I seem to recal an episode where
that and the plague of absentee owners were the topic and that all
rang true to the T.

Oh, and the knockout blonde was true, too. Seems like she was the
receptionist on the show. Ours was the cleaning lady.  When the
economy shifted and the parent company was in trouble they moved our
format from MOR to sports talk (thats when I left) and moved her into
sales.  Kind of a Hooters ploy. Dunno if it worked or not but sure
seemed reasonable enough at the time. I went into insurance.

Perhaps the lasting appeal of that program is summed up in the turkey
episode. I don't remember much else about it.

Sent from my iPod - which explainz any bad typjng