[78-L] Shipping records to Europe, or . . .

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de.invalid
Fri Oct 10 14:22:25 PDT 2014

.
Whenever I had to ship large quantities of 78s from Turkey, India, Kuwait, Egypt or so,
I was right there on the spot. So I had an airline ticket for my return trip, which entitled
me to send home "personal effects" as "unaccompanied baggage". There is the maximum
discount of 50% on the basic air cargo rate.

Of course, I had to buy some used clothes or sheets at the flea market so that there were
actually "personal effects". I found that there is nothing more economic for shipments
in the 100 lbs to 400 lbs range.  But - you have to be on the departing end with a ticket in hand.

Benno