[78-L] Shipping records to Europe, or . . .

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net.invalid
Thu Oct 9 20:24:13 PDT 2014

Hi Dennis,

In my experience shipping 78s overseas, I pretty much maxed out at 30 10-inch 78s in a 12x12x12 box from ULine.com with at least 6 corrugated 10-inch mailer pads from BagsUnlimited.com and lots of bubble wrap, packing peanuts and other padding per shipment.  I have not shipped that many 78s overseas in one shipment since surface mail was eliminated several years ago.  Now anything over 4 pounds has to ship via Priority Mail International which is very expensive.

In a nutshell I would not take on a project like the one you described and I doubt that any buyer would find it reasonable to pay for shipping that many 78s at Priority International rates.

Last year I shipped over 800 packages of records to 38 different countries plus the USA so I have plenty of experience to base my opinion on.

Best of luck to you my friend.

Roger Wade
Really Old Records