[78-L] MY GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Thu Sep 25 22:09:14 PDT 2014

As I listen to it again, he does sound a bit up in age, so it certainly
might not be from 78.  But I doubt it was recorded in 1993 when he would
have been around 83.  Anything is possible I suppose.  When did he make
these Cornerstone recordings?
Still looking for the year.
RayK

From: Randy Watts
It sounds like the version that appeared on his final album, titled THE
MAGIC BALLADEER, released by Cornerstone in 1993. It's definitely not from
the Decca OLD TIME VARIETIES album. He's accompanied by the Ken Darby
Singers on that one.
Randy
       From: Ray Kilcoyne <kil at roadrunner.com.invalid>
I am trying to find the recording year of MY GRANDFATHER’S CLOCK by Burl
Ives.
The youTube link below shows the LP cover of “The Wayfaring Stanger”, but
that may be misleading, as it doesn’t seem to appear on that album.
He did record it more than once, at least two times, but this is the version
I am asking about.
Does anyone know the year?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gst-mwJMBkk