[78-L] Smith and Dale --- Dr. Kronkheit sketch

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Sat Sep 13 14:32:49 PDT 2014

On 9/13/2014 5:19 PM, Jack Raymond wrote:

> Paul Charosh wrote:
>
>> There is an LP called Smith and Dale at the Palace.  Does anyone have  it?
>> Is the skit included?
> The LP "At the Palace with Smith and Dale," a 1958 album recorded at a live performance, was issued as Jubilee JGM-2035.  It contains four sketches -- "Dr. Kronkite and His Only Living Patient," "Adventures of Shnapps and Strudel," "Tax Consultant," and "The Boss and the Chef."  A later version of the Kronkite sketch, also from a live performance, is on the LP"The Golden Best of Smith&  Dale," issued on an unnamed label numbered TBCSD-1247 (coupled with sketches by Moran and Mack).
>
> I used to have these LPs, but they are now at the Library of Congress with all my other records.
>
> -- Jack Raymond

Thanks for confirming that there IS a Kronkheit sketch on the Jubilee lp, which
I haven't looked at in years. The unnamed label disc is the same as mine but
came in a plain white jacket with the info about Two Black Crows and Smith &
Dale typed on a file label attached to the front. It also has one track
consisting of the OKeh Laughing Record played three times.