[78-L] Audio - Mac vs PCs - any advice? (rjh334578gmail)

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com.invalid
Thu Sep 11 13:18:03 PDT 2014

>Sadly,  if you buy a new PC, you'll end up with the new Windows 8.1
>operating system, which is VERY VERY different than older Windows
>versions.

It's still possible to get new machines with Windows 7. Dell sells them.

As for Windows 8.x, Microsoft has made this kind of mistake before. I don't remember which OS it was, but when the web was new they tried to make everything on the computer look and act like a web page. It failed. It doesn't work to try to make everything act like the latest hot thing. A desktop computer isn't a tablet, and if you try to turn it into one you'll get something that's neither a good desktop nor a good tablet.

                       -        Jeff Lichtman
                                jeff at swazoo.com
                                Check out Swazoo Koolak Photography
                                    at http://swazoo.com/