[78-L] Lead-in groove mystery

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net.invalid
Wed Sep 3 08:51:52 PDT 2014

So you've got the Lieder blues, eh?

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com
[mailto:78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com] On Behalf Of DAVID BURNHAM
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 2:42 AM
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: Re: [78-L] Lead-in groove mystery

I finally found the Schubert Lieder set.  It contains 2 black labeled discs,
1 purple and 5 blues.

db

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 10:39:18 AM, David Lennick
<dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid> wrote:

>DB, are you sure the Schubert Lieder set has black labels, or really dark
purple?

>dl
>

>On 8/31/2014 1:43 AM, Dave Burnham wrote:
>>
>> That book's a great bargain, but it doesn't answer the question about
Columbia records that I would like to know - what is the difference between
blue label and black label Viva-Tonals?  You always see pop stuff on black
label but you see classical on both black and blue. Most classical album
sets are on blue but a few are on black. At least one album I have of
Schubert lieder contains both black and blue labels. Was there a difference
in price?  I once asked Kurt about why the book shows blue viva-tonal labels
but no black and he said there was no point because they're both the same.
I'm still waiting for an answer. I have similar questions about British
Decca label colours.