[78-L] NYTimes: The Brazilian Bus Magnate Who?s Buying Up All the World?s Vinyl Records

rocambujazz rocambujazz at yahoo.com.invalid
Sat Aug 9 13:06:26 PDT 2014

Brazilian 78's are a fascination of mine - my appetite started by buying about 10 78's in Minneapolis about 10 years ago. The archive that was open until about 4 years ago online had thousands of (it must be noted rather poorly remastered) mp3's of music from 78's ... there is a lot of file sharing of this material. If he made them availiable and found someone who would transfer them with some sort of taste,it would be wonderful.  Until then,cherry picking the best records is all I can do (I love the brassy sound of 1950 samba and batacuas, as sell as the baions and choros)  - and keeping a lookout for Blecaute and the like.
Thanks for posting this article
Yves François

Sent from Garminfone by T-Mobile.