[78-L] Best Cassette Machine?

jsalerno@earthlink.net jsalerno at earthlink.net.invalid
Mon Jul 28 10:00:52 PDT 2014

That helps, Sammy.

I have a TASCAM 102, and it's good (not great). Flutter is not as low as
my Sony ES deck. For music, of course a low flutter spec is desirable.
For the tapes recorded on portable machines, I don't imagine it would
make a whole lot of difference. The music tapes may be the deciding
factor, but if only you are going to hear them, you may have to decide
if it is worth it to you. Maybe it is if you have money burning a hole
in your pocket.

My formula is to divide the number of HQ tapes to Xfer into the
difference in price of an inexpensive machine and the better one. That's
how much the better machine is costing you per tape Xfer.

A Naka would be sweet, but could be expensive, and if it needs repair,
is there someone near you who could do it?

Joe Salerno