[78-L] "Yes, We Have No Bananas" POLL

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com.invalid
Tue Jul 22 09:29:28 PDT 2014

1) YES - I have several copies by different artists on different records, nothing after 1930 or so.

2) NO - These records (disc & cylinder) hold a prominent place in my collection and I'm always looking for versions
I don't have.  I believe this song and the different versions pretty well capture the character of the early part of the
20th century.

I have a phonograph shop and this is the song that I use to demo my old phonographs.  Without fail, it amuses
folks who have not heard it and folks that have heard it say they remember that song but haven't heard it in a
long time.

CDB