[78-L] Yeast Foamer's March

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Jul 21 19:44:16 PDT 2014

Ah ha.  Thanks for the new link to the DAHR, hot off the wordpress,
apparently.  So, it looks like the new and improved version of the EDVR
search feature works better than the old one.

This entry seems to indicate it to have been a recording from a radio
broadcast, and that would explain the long lead-ins on both sides.  Now I'm
less inclined to believe this to be a promotional item, but more likely a
gift premium for loyal listeners who sent in their empty yeast packets and a
nickel to get this swell new record.  At one time I believed it may have
been the company band, the boys in the warehouse or something, but it's
arrangement is way too intricate and well-executed for amateurs, so this
sure seems a professional studio group (orchestra, with fiddles, yet), and
it seems too clear to be an AM radio capture, so a direct line feed seems
likely, but it does end with "this record made..." so maybe it really is a
studio-only session to sound like radio.  We know that was done more than
once in those days, too.

Yes, Kurt, some time ago I gave a copy to my son, a high school band
director who grew up listening to this thing.  His wife is from Chicago.  I
think we have as much chance hearing it from the football field as we have
to hear In the Gloaming on the Top Ten.

Well, did the boys on Facebook dredge up anything on this classic?

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles