[78-L] PRONUNCIATION QUESTIONS

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Sat Jul 19 11:06:06 PDT 2014

Henri's mother was French so I would have gone with On-ree, but I'll go with
Hen-ree, because of Randy's (and now Jeff's) evidence.
And David I'll take your guess on go-Day, unless I hear otherwise.
If 78L doesn't keep this nostalgia stuff accurate, who will?
I still can not forget the radio announcer who pronounced Norman Luboff as
LUBB-off.
RayK

From: David Lennick
(1) Harold M. Kirchstein, so "OHN-ree" would be correct since it's a fake
name
anyway.
(2) I'd go with go-DAY but so many names are anglicized, who knows?

On a GUEST STAR radio transcription I've got, the announcer calls him
"Hen-ree" Rene.
Randy