[78-L] just cancelled SiriusXM

Michael Shoshani michael.shoshani at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Jul 18 12:23:11 PDT 2014

On 7/18/2014 13:48, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:

> They are so unpredictable what they will do with their channels, not
> reliable. The service keeps getting reduced but not the cost.
>
> So I told them good bye and good riddance.

Honestly, for the price of a good data plan and perhaps a car charger,
anyone with a smartphone from even five years ago can use various mobile
apps to listen to a tremendous amount of classical music radio.
Everything from WQXR to BBC Radio 3 to Australias's ABC Classic FM and
beyond. I'm actually quite fond of an AM classical station in Uruguay
that streams its programming.

There's almost literally a whole world out there. It's what we old radio
geeks wished shortwave was.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago