[78-L] interesting picture disc for sale ebay UK

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Fri Jul 18 07:46:56 PDT 2014

It does seem she is the cosmetics lady.  This is an excerpt from a choir
member's memoirs...
         "We did not travel far from the City but a select group of older
boys did sing at an occasional wedding or funeral service and sang each year
at Christmas time at Elizabeth Arden’s salon on Fifth Avenue receiving
monetary compensation and gifts to take home to our mothers. Money
accumulated for extra appearances was paid to us by check when we graduated
and in some cases was a few hundred dollars."
http://www.choirschool.org/?page=WhitneyWaltonMemoirs
RayK

From: John Wright
On UK ebay.
A Christmas Picture disc made for Elizabeth Arden. It says Made in USA at
the bottom. So is she the cosmetics lady?

<http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-6-78-RPM-RECORD-MERRY-CHRISTMAS-ELIZABETH-AR
DEN-PICTURE-DISC-Dr-Noble-/161369895201?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2592653121>
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-6-78-RPM-RECORD-MERRY-CHRISTMAS-ELIZABETH-ARD
EN-PICTURE-DISC-Dr-Noble-/161369895201?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2592653121

Dr Noble and St Thomas' choir. A quick google has determined that Dr Noble
has a wiki page, and:

At  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Church_(New_York_City)> St
Thomas Episcopal Church in  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City> New
York City from 1913 to 1943, he was responsible for establishing a
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choir> choral tradition along
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican> Anglican
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral> cathedral lines. Dr Noble also
founded the Saint Thomas Choir School for boys in 1919.