[78-L] Kid Ory

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com.invalid
Tue Jul 15 13:17:55 PDT 2014

I have the GTJ CD reissue also, which only reprints Nesuhi Ertegun's original notes from the GTJ LP issued in 1953.

You can find the Jazz Man ad I spoke of for the two Crescent releases in the December 1944 edition of The Record Changer. Crescent 1 & 2 were issued simultaneously on Jan. 1, 1945.

The answer could be simply that take 1 of "Blues for Jimmy" was either incomplete or unacceptable. I see no evidence to the contrary.

Cary Ginell