[78-L] Vince Giordano summer schedule

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Fri Jul 11 11:55:57 PDT 2014

Summer 2014
Grammy Award Winner
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Please opt-IN to receive our periodic schedule updates by clicking HERE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(A little late forwarding this, sorry!)

Mondays & Tuesdays, 8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Iguana NYC
Tex-Mex Restaurant on Second Floor
240 W. 54th Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue), New York, NY 10019
$15. Cash cover charge at the door + $20. Food / Drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.765.5454 - doors open at 7:00pm
http://www.iguananyc.com/special-events/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday, July 16th
5:00pm Gates Open / 6:30pm Dance Lesson
7:00pm – 9:00pm Concert
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
Bring a lawn chair or blanket & a couple of friends, and we'll provide the
soundtrack
for a delightful evening under the stars. Arrive early to picnic and stroll the
gardens.
Old Westbury Gardens
71 Old Westbury Road, Old Westbury, NY 11568
www.oldwestburygardens.org
Admission $10 – Members & Seniors $8 / Kids 17 & under FREE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday, July 19th
8:00pm – 9:30pm Concert
Carole J. Bufford
~ Speak Easy ~
WITH
Vince Giordano and the Mini-Nighthawks
Seven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
A limited number of seats are available, but all are welcome to bring blankets
and folding chairs for our grassy areas as well.
On Stage at Kingsborough College
2001 Oriental Blvd., Brooklyn, NY
FREE and Open to the Public
Rain Location: In the event of rain or extreme heat, the concerts will be
relocated to Leon M. Goldstein Performing Arts Center.
Updated location information will be available on our box office line – (718)
368-5596 – starting at 4:00 p.m. on concert days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, July 25th
8:00pm - 10:00pm
The Fr. Joseph Slomski Council of
Knights of Columbus Benefit Concert
FEATURING
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & ‘30s & ‘40s
Immaculate Conception Church - Parish Center Hall
18 Ocame Avenue, Westhampton (in the hamlet of Quiogue), NY
Doors Open at 6:00pm / Silent Auction / Dancing encouraged!!!
$75. per person or Table of 8 = $525. Includes Dinner and a bottle of Red &
White for each table.
Late arrivals welcomed at 8pm without Dinner $25. per person
Beer, Wine and soft drinks available at the cash bar.
http://www.immaculateconceptionchurchwhb.org/slomski

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, July 27th
7:00pm - 10:00pm
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
Hudson River Park’s
MoonDance at Pier 84
Whether you dance like a pro, or want to learn to move with the best of them,
Pier 84 at West 44th Street, NYC in Maritime Entertainment District is the
place to be.
Free dance lessons begin at 6:30pm courtesy of Dance Manhattan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, August 1st
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing HOT JAZZ of the 1920s & '30s on the Harbour Stage
3:35pm - 4:35pm
Bring a couple of friends and arrive early to enjoy all the
Amazing Jazz Artists at the world-renown
Newport Jazz Festival
Fort Adams State Park - 90 Fort Adams Drive, Newport, RI 02840
BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
http://www.newportjazzfest.net/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, August 10th
7:30pm – 9:30pm
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
Morgan Park
Glen Cove, NY

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, August 17th
7:30pm – 9:30pm
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
Levitt Pavilion
Westport, CT

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks

We’re proud to announce that our CD:

BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Volume 1 – Music from the HBO Original Series

Won a GRAMMY at the 54th Annual GRAMMY AWARDS for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK
FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!

CD's available: $17. each including postage within USA:

1. Quality Shout

2. Cheek to Cheek

3. Cotton Club Revisited

4. Goldkette Project

5. The Aviator – Movie Soundtrack

6. Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits

7. Its D'Lovely – the music of Cole Porter

8. Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series

9. Boardwalk Empire – Volume Two: Music from the HBO Original Series

****

10. The Birth of Rhapsody in Blue - $23.

Mail checks to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230

Please make payable to "Vince Giordano"

Order Online: www.vincegiordano.com/music

Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.

Have you heard about

"Vince Giordano - There's a Future in the Past"?

It's a feature documentary in the making by Hudson West Productions, all about
the Nighthawks!

If you haven't already done so, please donate if you are able.

Any contribution is tax-deductible!

Write check to Hudson West Productions, 6 Glengary Rd., Croton On Hudson, NY 10520

Watch the many clips already created by clicking on this link~

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vince-giordano-there-s-a-future-in-the-past

Nighthawks in the News:

Theater Pizzazz

http://www.theaterpizzazz.com/summer-town-hall-broadway-porter-bernstein/

The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/26/arts/music/michael-feinstein-and-company-celebrate-vintage-jazz.html?_r=0

Jazz Times
http://jazztimes.com/articles/126556-rhapsody-in-blue-at-90

Interview on WQXR: Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.wqxr.org/#!/story/concert-recreate-rhapsody-blue-premiere-90th-anniversary/

Wall Street Journal

http://tinyurl.com/mcrnkgk

The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/nyregion/big-band-lover-has-a-second-houseful-of-old-songs.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

The Telegraph – in the UK

    http://tinyurl.com/lh337dc

My Central Jersey

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014302090026&nclick_check=1

Brooklyn Eagle

http://tinyurl.com/oz9aqlw

In a Blog:

http://jeanzimmerman.com/2014/02/13/rapture-in-blue/

Terry Gross on NPR’s FRESH AIR on November 6th, 2013 ~

Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/06/243483782/vince-giordano-the-fresh-air-interview