[78-L] Recording Quality - a relative term

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Jul 1 20:02:59 PDT 2014

Just as I assumed, you guys have validated my suspicion - Recording Quality
has not improved beyond its near-perfect state in 50 years, and the art of
the techniques involved have deteriorated.  The stories about the mumbling
actors and the modern practice of recording individual musicians and mixing
the signals to sound as if they were playing together really told it all.
The "engineers" and the "artists" alike seem to have the attitude I've seen
displayed by those running sound jobs, too - "the software will fix it."
Wishful thinking, methinks.

Thanks to all who responded.

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles