[78-L] Mr. Tibbits

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net.invalid
Mon Jun 23 09:41:48 PDT 2014

Hey David,

You'd be surprised at the Yiddish words that pop up in films, especially
of the pre-code era. I guess it was felt that urban audiences would get
the references.  And later films - just watched Jerry Lewis' THE ERRAND
BOY from 1962. The opening narration describes Holly wood and shows the
entrance to Paramount Pictures.  The narrator says, ""Through these
portals pass tourists and tsouris."  Tsouris meaning trouble or problems.

Dave Weiner