[78-L] 78-l PROBLEMS

Ron Fial ron at fial.com.invalid
Tue Jun 17 15:43:04 PDT 2014

Looks like I have more work to do if posts are not getting through.

I'll start reviewing the log files, all received mail and processed mail is logged so I can see what happens to each email.  Sometimes it takes me a couple of days to figure it out.

The list should only be down for about 20 minutes every Tuesday (late in the day or evening) for backups.  Our backups are hard disks that are rotated through a bank vault, so we always 2 other copies (1 week and 2 weeks old) available for restoration.

The entire lists runs on a Linux VMWARE virtual-machine using 'Mailman' software.

Regards,
   Ron Fial  78-L list manager