[78-L] Warning..offensive article leads to offensive postings

Robert Shirer rshirer at neb.rr.com
Wed May 21 21:53:35 PDT 2014

I've spent much of the last few years just lurking and listening.  Most of
you know more than I will ever hope to know about our asserted topic, 78s
(or cylinders or transcriptions, etc.).  The occasional rants, jokes,
general foolishness has usually been part of the fun of 78-L.  I have been
part of the group since very early on; I had the pleasure of spending a
summer in Ithaca, NY, and spending quite a bit of time with Doug Elliot, who
founded this group.  Ron should be commended for his efforts--for years--to
keep us going.  This latest problem seems to have been harder than most;
once more, thank you so very much, Ron.

Now, could we get back to what makes us useful.  Let us discuss, question,
assert, and blather about 78s and related topics.  I treasure most of our
discussions, and I laugh at most of the puns.  Carry on, but have fun , and
lose the vitriol.
Cheers,
Bob Shirer