[78-L] Monarch / Victor question [HA]

78-L Mail List 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
Tue May 6 10:47:15 PDT 2014

Some pages of Alan Kelly's French Gramophone Co. discography are viewable at Google Books, including numerical tables at pages xxix and xxx that show the full declensions of all these series. Page xxx shows the 3/8 prefixes that apply to French Gramophone and Zonophone issues, but the same patterns (I presume) should be valid across all marketing areas.

http://tinyurl.com/kzuqrbu

[Crossing fingers and hoping the Tinyurl address works.]

Like the "triplet" matrix system in use up to 1921, the numerical blocks may seem incredibly complicated at first but there is a definite logic to them once you wrap your head around them.

-H. Aherne [no more "HA" in the message body, I guess, until the list problems get sorted out]