[78-L] Bounces problem based on 'Policy'

Ron Fial ron at fial.com
Fri May 2 12:08:36 PDT 2014

At first I thought that the 78-L list was maybe hacked, and that our server was sending out spam mails.  That causes its IP address (50.196.1.216 ) to be blacklisted on the blacklist sites.  I checked all 75 or so blacklist sites and we are not blacklisted anywhere.    So the plot thickens .....

I check the 78-L list's reverse-lookup, and entering 50.196.1.216  into the lookup yields <http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=ptr%3a50.196.1.216&run=toolpage#>klickitat.78online.com OK  Therefore email is NOT bouncing because the receiving server cannot verify that the IP address belongs to who the message says it is from.  We are verifiable.

Still studying the problem,

Regards,
Ron Fial   78-L list manager