[78-L] Facebook - again

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 09:46:08 PDT 2014

Well, to me, it has nothing to do with 78L being "old" and Facebook being "new" or one being better or worse than the other. Just an honest acknowledgement that discussions of this music on Facebook groups is much livelier and busier these days than on mailing lists like this one. The infusion of fresh blood -- the younger people who use the Facebook groups -- has helped, too. They have an enthusiasm which has been lacking on many mailing list groups. There's less of a tendency for groups to go off-topic or to get bogged down in hair-splitting minutia or silliness, mainly because if you're that interested in other topics or in the minutia, there's probably a Facebook group that focuses on it.

Randy