[78-L] name that era

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Mon Apr 28 22:01:55 PDT 2014

You're right, I did miss that point; but still I wouldn't even call 2014 "several centuries" after 1750 and I'm sure the term "baroque" was being used by the end of the 19th century.  "Roccoco", the period which followed the Baroque era, was applied to a set of variations by Tchaikovsky who, of course, did not live into the 20th century; and "classical" was, as I'm sure every classical music lover knows was applied to a Prokofiev Symphony in the early 20th century.

db

You're missing the point. The term "baroque" wasn't applied to this era until much later.

>>> 78-L at klickitat.78online.com