[78-L] name that era

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon Apr 28 18:18:29 PDT 2014

On 4/28/2014 12:33 PM, rjh334578gmail wrote:
> I mentioned all this on my big band radio show a long time ago by
> saying Elvis saved us from Johnny Ray and got several calls affirming
> my position. That was 1989 or so when many of the fans of the day were
> still with us.  I got one call asking who Johnny Ray was.

Johnny Ray is imbedded like an earworm. It's been agony.
He wasn't much of an actor either ("There's No Business Like Show
Business").
But he was the first pop singer to have a two-million-selling two-sided
hit with "Cry" / "The Little White Cloud That Cried" (1951).

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com