[78-L] name that era

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Apr 28 12:00:00 PDT 2014

On 4/28/2014 9:30 AM, Don Cox wrote:
> On 28/04/2014, Ray Kilcoyne wrote:
>
>> Don't rush to judgment, Thomas. Your views are quite refreshing. I
>> love the 1946-1955 era. That said, I also love the 1936-1945 era...and
>> the 1955-1970 era.
> I'm with you there. Capitol in particular put out recordings by many
> fine singers, with backings by excellent arrangers.
>
>> I even like accordion music. RayK
> Not quite sure about accordions.    ;-)

*******

Yeahbut... there's all that bland 1950s over-orchestrated stuff by The
Strings of Sicily and/or the Horns of Palermo usually lurking behind a
vocalist. It's definately a style you gotta love to listen to (and I
think directly tied to all them out of work Italian AFofM musicians).
Malcolm

*******