[78-L] name that era

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 28 10:53:50 PDT 2014

Don't rush to judgment, Thomas.  Your views are quite refreshing.
I love the 1946-1955 era.  That said, I also love the 1936-1945 era...and
the 1955-1970 era.
I even like accordion music.
RayK

From: Thomas Brown
Which is why I kinda think this group may not be for me....

From: Joe Scott <joenscott at mail.com>
Oh, I know, I love some of those performances. They are straight pop. Which
there seems to be a semi-consensus here is worthy of especial scorn if it's
made
in the years just before rock and roll became popular.
Joseph Scott

From: David Weiner
I don't know about these specific performances per se, but some of these
songs
are absolutely wonderful - to me, at least! They may not be swinging
instrumentals, but so what? >> Jimmy Dorsey "My Sister And I" >> Jimmy
Dorsey
"Maria Elena" >> >> Jimmy Dorsey "Blue Champagne" >> >> Glenn Miller
"Moonlight
Cocktail" >> Harry James "Sleepy Lagoon" >> Dick Haymes "You'll Never Know"

>> Glen Gray "My Heart Tells Me" >> >> The Ink Spots and Ella Fitzgerald
>> "I'm
Making Believe" >> Les Brown "My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time" >>
Perry Como "Till The End Of Time"